COBIT® 5 is the only business framework for the governance and management of enterprise IT. It incorporates the latest thinking in enterprise governance and management techniques, and provides globally accepted principles, practices, analytical tools and models to help increase the trust in, and value from, information systems and technology. COBIT 5 is ideal for assurance, security, risk, privacy and compliance professionals or business leaders and stakeholders who are involved in or affected by governance and management of information and information systems. Companies that are publicly traded in South Africa are subject to the King III code of corporate governance and COBIT 5 is well aligned to the principles of King III, so COBIT can be used effectively to meet the IT governance framework requirements of King III.
Benefits for Individuals
- Understand levels of IT-related risk and make informed decisions to reduce information security incidents. Deliver this understanding and risk awareness to improve prevention, detection and recovery within an organization.
- Provide tools for organizations to maintain high quality information to support business decisions.
- Help an organization to meet with regulatory and statutory or government requirements.
- Understand COBIT approach to governance and its relationship with other IT best practices.
Benefits for Organizations
- Achieve strategic goals and realise business benefits through the effective and innovative use of IT.
- Support compliance with relevant laws, regulations, contractual agreements and policies and gain competitive edge over other organizations.
- Reduce complexity and increase cost-effectiveness due to improved and easier integration of information security standards, good practices and/or sector-specific guidelines resulting in operational excellence through reliable, efficient application of technology.
- Improved integration of information security in the enterprise, resulting in increased user satisfaction with information security arrangements and outcomes.
Smart PM is a Licensed Affiliate of getITright Skills Development