Scrum is a framework for developing, delivering and sustaining complex products through effective team collaboration.
ScrumABC is accredited by APMG and Agile Business Consortium addressing the principles and theory underpinning the Scrum framework.
A Scrum Master is responsible for promoting and supporting Scrum – as defined in The Scrum Guide – by helping everyone understand Scrum theory, practices, rules and values. Training and certification is based on The Scrum Guide developed by Scrum creators Ken Schwaber and Jeff Sutherland, it contains the definition of Scrum, consisting of Scrum responsibilities, events, artefacts, and the rules that bind them together.
The course offers a combination of instruction and team-based exercises, purposefully designed to be less IT- and more wide business-focused.
Delegates will learn the role of Scrum Master enabling adoption of the Scrum framework for more effective product and solution development.
Who is ScrumABC for?
- Anyone involved in product & solution development using the Scrum framework.
- Particularly beneficial for those accountable for getting the most out of Scrum, including Scrum Masters, managers, and Scrum team members
What are the key things you will learn?
- Gain a deep understanding of the Scrum Framework – the theory, practices, responsibilities, rules and values – as defined in the Scrum Guide
- Understand, in detail, the role of the Scrum Master and how the role interacts with different members of the Scrum Team and other stakeholders
- Master the Scrum principles to better understand their application when returning to the workplace
- Understand how to construct an effective development team with an appropriate mix of skills and experience.
- Know how to act as a servant-leader for the Scrum Team, promoting and enabling self-organisation to create hig value products.
- Learn how to facilitate Scrum Events and remove impediments to the Scrum Team’s progress.
- Help Scrum Product Owners shape and refine product backlogs to guide early and incremental delivery of valuable products.
- Drive adoption of the Scrum framework for more effective product and solution development, working with stakeholders and other Scrum Masters to improve it’s effectiveness.