- ‘The Company’ or ‘Smart PM’ means Smart PM (Pty) Ltd, registration number 2012/027182/07
- ‘The Customer’ means the person, firm or corporation or other entity identified as enrolling a Delegate on a training course by way of enrolment or procurement.
- ‘Delegate’ means the person attending a training course.
- ‘Working Day’ means every day of the week excluding Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays between 08h00 and 16h30.
- ‘Public Course’ means any course offered by Smart PM for open subscription at locations specified on the website.
- ‘In-house Course’ means any course offered by Smart PM to a Customer at a Customer specified location or at a Smart PM venue for an exclusive audience.
- ‘Consulting’ means professional advice offered by Smart PM at locations specified by the customer or at a Smart PM venue for an exclusive audience.
- ‘Pre-course Materials’ means any materials dispatched to the Customer or Delegate ahead of the course including any reference guides or manuals in whatsoever format including electronic.
- ‘Course Materials’ means any documentation, presentation slides, practice examination papers, handouts including any reference guides or manuals in whatsoever format including electronic.
- ‘Confimation’ means a legally binding contract instructing the Company to invoice the Customer.
- The Company reserves the right to make changes to these Terms and Conditions from time to time for whatsoever reason it deems fit
- If the Company chooses not to enforce all or part of these Terms and Conditions it does so without affecting its rights under the remaining Terms and Conditions
- If any of these Terms and Conditions does not apply to a contract or is held to be invalid, the remaining Terms and Conditions shall still apply.
- These Terms and Conditions are deemed to be incorporated in all contracts. In the case of any inconsistency or variation in any correspondence these Terms and Conditions shall prevail unless expressly varied and approved by a Director of the Company.
- The Company warrants that all Public and In-house Courses will be conducted in a professional manner in accordance with generally recognised practices and standards.
- The Company warrants that it will provide appropriately qualified and experienced instructor(s) to deliver Public and In-house courses and Consulting using accredited Pre-Course and Course Materials
- The Company warrants that it will not knowingly include any copyright material in its Course Material without a license or without the consent of the copyright owner.
Obligations of the Customer
- All bookings for Public, In-house Courses or workshops must be supported by written confirmation or completion of the Smart PM enrolment form via the website or submitted in paper format.
- The Customer certifies that unless otherwise notified to and agreed with the Company all Delegates attending a Public or In-house Course are employed directly by the Customer.
- In all cases the Customer undertakes to bring these terms and conditions to the attention of the Delegates attending a Course and the Customer must ensure all Delegates meet prerequisites for admission to any course.
- The published prices do not include any travel, accommodation or living expenses which the Delegate may incur when attending the course.
- For Public Courses, prices are inclusive of tuition, examination fees, pre-course materials, course materials, a reference guide or manual, lunch and refreshments.
- For In-house Courses, prices and inclusions are detailed in the contract or quotation.
- Same day results service provides a provisional result pending apporoval of the examinations board.
- Foundation / Practitioner Pass Insurance covers the delegate for one free re-write if required. Insurance must be taken at the point of enrollment and is only valid if the full invoice is settled in full prior to the first day of the scheduled training course.
- For Public Courses and unless otherwise advised by the Company, fees are payable by the Customer at the time of the order or receipt of the completed enrollment form. Where a Customer requires payment terms to be offered the Customer must provide the Company with an official purchase order. The Company agrees to provide 30 day payment terms where an official purchase order is provided. Where the original quotation included any discount and the Customer requires 30 day payment terms, all stated discounts will be treated as settlement discounts and as such will no longer be applicable should the Customer fail to make full payment within the 30 day term.
- For In-house Courses or training purchased on a prepayment basis a purchase order must be raised and supplied to the Company. The Company will raise an invoice upon receipt of the purchase order and the Customer will have 30 days to make payment. Where the original quotation included any discount and the Customer requires 30 day payment terms, all stated discounts will be treated as settlement discounts and as such will no longer be applicable should the Customer fail to make full payment within the 30 day term.
- The Company reserves the right to levy interest against overdue accounts at a rate of 2% above the prime interest rate and to withhold examination results or certificates until full payment has been made. In the event of non payment by an organsiation on behalf of their employees, liability for payment will transfer to the individual who has benefited from the training including all interest levied against the company.
- Customers wishing to make payment from accounts held outside of South Africa will be responsible for all charges levied against the Company by their bank in accepting funds.
- Customers wishing to deposit cash into our account will be liable for the bank charges incurred for doing so.
Cancellation and Transfer Policy
- Customers must advise the Company of any cancellations by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org Customers are further advised to seek confirmation of delivery of the email by calling Smart PM on 011 966 8146.
- For the purposes of cancellation the day the notice is received is not included as a clear working day. If the notice is received on a non-working day the following working day is deemed to be the day notice is received.
- For the purposes of cancellation the start date of the course is not included in any notice period.
- Non attendance by any Delegate on any course constitutes cancellation without notice and no refund will be given.
- Smart PM reserves the right to cancel or change the location of a public course and undertakes to provide reasonable notice of the cancellation or change except in an emergency. In the event of a cancellation a full refund will be given to the customer less the cost of any Pre-course Materials dispatched. In the event of a change of venue not exceeding 30km radius from the originally advertised venue no refund will be given and no compensation will be paid.
- In the event of a change of venue exceeding 30km radius from the originally advertised venue within 14 days of the scheduled start date a reduction of R 70 plus R6/km (over 30km) per day of the course will be given.
- Cancellation by the customer after despatch of any pre-course materials, will incur a charge of R2000 for pre-course materials in addition to the charges detailed below.
- All cancellations will incur an administration charge of R 350 in addition to the charges detailed below.
Table of cancellation and re-scheduling fees for Public Courses
|0-5 working days
||100% of course fee
||100% of course fee
|6-10 working days
||75% of course fee
||50% of course fee
|11-15 working days
||60% of course fee
||25% of course fee
|16-20 working days
||55% of course fee
||10% of course fee
|21+ working days
||50% of course fee
||R750 admin fee
- Customers must provide a list of Delegates to the Company with the Purchase Order. Delegate substitution is allowed up to 10 working days prior to the scheduled start date of the course at no cost. Substitution within 10 working days will incur an administrative charge of R350 per substitution.
- In the event of a Delegate substitution the Customer must transfer ownership of any Pre-course Material between Delegates. Alternatively, additional Pre-Course material can be dispatched at a cost of R2000 plus an administration charge of R350.
Table of cancellation and re-scheduling fees for In-house Courses
|0-14 working days
||80% of course fee
||50% of course fee
|15-28 working days
||70% of course fee
||30% of course fee
|28 + working days
||60% of course fee
||R2500 + R350 / delegate
In-house training at Customer specified site
- It is the Customers responsibility to provide all facilities as agreed in the contract and to ensure the site is prepared for the delivery of the course.
- Smart PM reserves the right to delay, discontinue or cancel the course if in the facilitators opinion the venue or conditions are unsuitable.
- Where refunds are to be made they will be made by EFT only and will be processed within 30 days.
Prerequisites and Admission
- It is the responsibility of the Customer to ensure that they or any Delegate meet the advertised prerequisites for admission to the course.
- Where prerequisites include a qualification, evidence of this will be sought by the company.